Summary of Essential Functions for the Position:
A Registered Nurse administers skilled nursing/psych care to patients on an intermittent basis in their place of residence. This is performed in accordance with physician orders and plan of care under the direction and supervision of the Director of Clinical Services/Clinical Field Staff Supervisor. Psychiatric mental health registered nurses work with individuals, families, groups, and communities, assessing the patients mental health needs.
Qualifications / Licensure / Certification / Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
1. Currently licensed in the state(s) in which practicing.
2. Two (2) years nursing experience, preferred.
3. Acceptance of philosophy and goals of this Agency.
4. Ability to exercise initiative and independent judgment.
5. Must have a current valid driver's license, auto liability insurance and reliable transportation.
6. Must be flexible, innovative and possess good interpersonal skills.
7. CPR certified with American Heart Association or American Red Cross.
High School Diploma or GED. Graduate of an approved school of nursing, Two years of experience in a mental health setting; or Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited institution in Nursing and one year experience in a mental health setting; or Master's degree from an accredited institution in Psychiatric Nursing or Community Mental Health Nursing.