Summary of Essential Functions for the Position:
A Medical Social Worker (MSW) provides social work services to patients on an intermittent basis in their place of residence. This is performed in accordance with physician orders and plan of care under the direction and supervision of the Director of Clinical Services/Clinical Field Staff Supervisor. Services are furnished by a qualified social worker or by a qualified social work assistant under the supervision of a qualified social worker.
Qualifications / Licensure / Certification / Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
1. Three to five (3-5) years experience, preferred.
2. One (1) year experience in home care, preferred.
3. Acceptance of philosophy and goals of Agency.
4. Ability to exercise initiative and independent judgment.
5. Ability to work with individuals to enlist cooperation of many people to perform/achieve a common goal.
6. CPR certified with American Heart Association or American Red Cross.
7. Fluent in Spanish, preferred.
High School Diploma or GED. A person who has a master’s degree from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education, and has one year experience in a health care setting.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
Works indoors in Agency office and patient homes and travels to/from patient homes. Requires minimal physical effort most of the day including kneeling, squatting, reaching, twisting, climbing, walking, exposure to temperature and humidity changes and minimal assist in lifting and/or transferring of a 20 pound patient. Must possess sight/hearing senses or use appropriate adaptive devices that will enable senses to function at a level required to meet the essential duties of the position. Must provide evidence of annual TB test and other state-required tests or examinations. Must be able to cope with mental and emotional stress and demonstrate
emotional stability. Be able to tolerate exposure to elements including, but not limited to, odors, blood, body fluids and excrements, adverse environmental conditions and hazardous materials.