Summary of Essential Functions for the Position:
A qualified Licensed Practical Nurse administers skilled nursing care to patients on an intermittent basis in their place of residence. This is performed in accordance with physician orders and plan of care under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse. Services are furnished in accordance with Agency policies.
Qualifications / Licensure / Certification / Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
1. Currently licensed in the state(s) in which practicing.
2. Minimum of one (1) year experience in nursing, preferred.
3. Acceptance of philosophy and goals of this Agency.
4. Ability to exercise initiative and independent judgment.
5. Must have a current valid driver’s license, auto liability insurance and reliable transportation.
6. Must be flexible, innovative and possess good interpersonal skills.
7. CPR certified with American Heart Association or American Red Cross.
High School Diploma or GED. Graduate of a state approved school of practical (vocational) nursing.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
Works indoors in Agency office and patient homes and travels to/from patient homes. Requires considerable physical effort most of the day including kneeling, squatting, reaching, twisting, climbing, walking, exposure to temperature and humidity changes and maximal assist in lifting and/or transferring of a 100+ pound patient. Must possess sight/hearing senses or use appropriate adaptive devices that will enable senses to function at a level required to meet the essential duties of the position. Must provide evidence of annual TB test and other state-required tests or examinations. Be able to tolerate exposure to elements including, but not limited to, odors, blood, body fluids and excrements, adverse environmental conditions and hazardous materials.