Area: Gainesville, Lake Butler, Starke, Waldo, Hawthorne, and Melrose.
Summary of Essential Functions for the Position:
A person who is specifically trained, competent and performs assigned functions of personal care to the patient in their residence under the direction, instruction and supervision of the registered nurse (RN).
Qualifications / Licensure / Certification / Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
1. Have a sympathetic attitude toward the care of the sick and elderly.
2. Ability to carry out directions, read and write.
3. Maturity and ability to deal effectively with the demands of the job.
4. Must be able to work independently, make judgments based on assessments and data available and act accordingly. Must be flexible, innovative and possess good interpersonal skills.
5. Current valid driver’s license, auto liability insurance required.
6. Must have reliable transportation.
7. Current Home Health Aide Certification or CNA
8. CPR certified with American Heart Association or American Red Cross.
Must have completed the approved training and competency course and meet the Medicare Conditions of Participation for Home Health Aide training program and competency.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
Works indoors in Agency office and patient homes and travels to/from patient homes. Requires considerable physical effort most of the day including kneeling, squatting, reaching, twisting, climbing, walking, exposure to temperature and humidity changes and maximal assist in lifting and/or transferring of a 100 + pound patient. Must possess sight/hearing senses or use appropriate adaptive devices that will enable senses to function at a level required to meet the essential duties of the position. Must provide evidence of annual TB test and other state-required tests or examinations. Be able to tolerate exposure to elements including, but not limited to, odors, blood, body fluids and excrements, adverse environmental conditions and hazardous materials.